Tuesday 4 March 2014

No Shade in that Beauty

Lupita Nyong'o is an actress on everyone's sights. She stars in '12 Years A Slave', winner of the best picture in the Oscars. I personally haven't seen it myself, but I have added it to my long list of 'must-see movies'.

In the video below, she speaks of beauty. She speaks of her personal struggles and thoughts from her adolescent years. She speaks of how beauty is not based on the colour of one's skin, as the media suggests.



Struggling with the colour of your skin is what I identify with, and I truly find her speech to be inspiring. And very relatable. I hope that everyone, not only girls struggling with their race or 'colour', listens to Lupita's speech.

And as Lupita says, "I hope that you will feel the validation of your external beauty, but also get to the deeper business of being beautiful inside, and that there is no shade in that beauty" 


No comments:

Post a Comment