Wednesday 5 March 2014

Our Faults

I come with a few ramblings and never ending thoughts and many quotes. I am one of the many, many teenagers on this planet we call earth. I am also one of the many teenagers who has read 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green. The master of the universe. No, I kid. Just the brilliant author who captures unfathomable emotions and expresses them with his pen. His sword. In hope to not come across as a another shallow girl stuffing her blog with as many complex words as possible, I shall stop.

The Fault in our Stars is one of my special books. I do not have 'favourite' books, I have 'special' books.

Favourite (adj) by definition is, "preferred to all others of the same kind". Now ask any avid reader, are books all the same? If you are contemplating an answer other than no, .... . Please go read a book.

Continuing, my 'special' books are those which have touched me in a way that is indescribable. Books which provoke unfathomable emotions and thoughts. Books which really let me dig deeper into this life we call 'life' and into myself.

Reading The Fault in our Stars again (I feel unjust if I simply call it 'book'), I come across some of my favourite quotes.

If you have not read or completed reading The Fault in our Stars, I advise to stop reading this blog now and get on to reading only one of the greatest books for all teens. Now these quotes below are in no particular order. Continue.

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal” ” 

“I'm in love with you," he said quietly. 
"Augustus," I said.
"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 



“The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, as if the things we'd done were less real and important than they had been hours before.” 

These are my three extracts that I want to share and bring to attention. I get chills and heartache when I read these extracts. To everyone who has read this book, I hope you get them too. How glorious this pain and emotion from "merely" a book can feel. And how I wish I had a relationship like Hazel and Augustus do. Oh the problems of a hopeless romantic..

Here is a song by Stereophonics that I think captures the emotions from The Fault in our Stars. Keep in mind not the video, the s o n g. Well I don't know, I just really like this song. It might have no connection or all the connection. But it is a good song.



No comments:

Post a Comment