Wednesday 19 March 2014

Pro. Crastination.

Hi hi hi hi.

I'm feeling really pumped up today which is surprising because I just came back from ballet practice + rehearsal + doing some weird sprints. So physically I should be exhausted. I should also be practicing the piano right now but I'm typing this post and eating M&S welsh cakes. Yummy. That right there my friends is an example of procrastination. 

I'd like to think I'm organised, but is that the truth?

i don't know, how do you measure someones' organisation? Idk, but i do know that I love keeping a planner and making schedules for myself and in that sense I am organised. However I don't necessarily follow them 100% of the time. Make it 80%. Perhaps 70% is more accurate. I of course have days where I just CAN'T BE BOTHERED and can everyone (uhm mum) just GET OFF MY BACK!!!! Everyone has those days (quote Hannah Montana ^.^ ) and its alright to feel like that. Especially in my life, I am constantly busy and on a schedule. I do ballet 6 times a week and get home around 9. Now add the massive amount of homework / assignments / tests we get everyday. And then, I have to practice the piano for about an hour. Gr8t life.

But to be honest, I do have a great life. There are people that have it so much worse than me. Even though I collapse into my bed almost everyday, I really love what I do! I think some times I take these things for granted and I really need to step back once in a while and just be grateful. (Yes I just ooze of cheese).

BACK on topic, I want to say that I am an extremely busy person and it is kind off necessary for me to be organised. Yes being organised is already in my nature, but I do have to make an effort everyday to balance everything. I just want to say that if you do know that you put the pro in procrastinate, I have the single most important tip for you. That actually works.. That'll be €15.99 folks. [I'm just joking around].

SO the tip is to delete all distractions. I am not even kidding. Very simple and quite obvious. If you know that you get distracted by apps on your phone or them constantly buzzing, either silent the notifications or delete the app. This is what I did (and no my mum did not force me, I actually came up with the idea) and I deleted twitter, facebook and instagram of my phone. I'm not asking you to delete your account, but just to delete the app. I found that I hardly went on these platforms on my laptop and just on my phone. I didn't actually "want" to go on the app, but just went on them because I needed a distraction. 

This same rule can apply to people. Honestly if you know that you have a friend that constantly distracts you why are you even studying with them. They might be great fun but at the end of the day don't lie to yourself by thinking you are honestly going to get any work done. I know that I don't study well with others and so I be honest and study by myself (like a loner). Yes it might not be as "fun" but you're there to get a job done. I think you shouldn't try to kid yourself. You are the only one who knows your body + mind and how it best works.


Okay so thats it I guess. Here's a song that I found that gets quite annoying some times but is great for your procrastination moments.



I wish that I was one of those bloggers with seriously cool pictures, but that's not the case with me. I am sorry. I'm working on it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment